Today I stumbled upon the greatest thing to have ever been discovered.
Browsing around on a color-picker app, near the Shamrock Green region, I found a neat shade called Malachite. (This is what happens during my Gen-Ed classes).
Now, the suffix -ite means that you have a crystalline or stalactitic version of the original, or at least my fourth grade geology class told me, if I remembered correctly. So I googled the term to see its origin.
This is Malachite, a green crystal ubiquitous across the world. I found this nifty website that lists every location it can be found on Earth (everywhere, basically).
But the value of Malachite is much more than (1) being a cool name for a shade of green or (2) being a cool gem for a necklace.
In fact, I found a very credible website that lists all the proven benefits of Malachite. I’ve taken from their writings to compile this list.
- assist one in changing situations and providing for spiritual growth
- heal on physical and emotional levels, drawing out impurities and stimulating the Life Force throughout the aura and body.
- absorb negative energies and pollutants from the atmosphere and from the body.
- guard against radiation of all kinds, clears electromagnetic pollution and heals earth energies. Keep near microwaves in the kitchen and televisions in living areas.
- protect against noise in the workplace, over-bright fluorescent lighting, and harmful rays from technological equipment, negative phone calls and emails.
- as a stone of travel, protect and overcome fears of flying if you empower the crystal before a trip by holding it and envisioning yourself in the wings of the Archangel, Raphael. It helps with jet lag, encourages smooth business travel, and protects in travel on congested highways.
- be a stone of support for airplane and airline workers as a protection against accidents, miners for protection from unexplained accidents, and for secretaries to stimulate clear thinking
- be an effective remedy for female problems, especially regulating the menstrual cycle and cramps, and for easing labor. It has been called the Midwife Stone. It resonates with the female sexual organs, and treats sexual dis-ease, especially when caused by traumatic past experiences
- relieves cold sweats,
- relieve malaria,
- relieve trembling and
- relieve Parkinson’s disease,
- help with asthma,
- help with intestinal problems and
- help with rheumatic pain.
- Function as a diuretic stone and can help cure kidney and gallstones.
- fight osteoarthritis, most notably in the spine, and
- strengthen memory, especially for those with short-term memory loss who forget the names of people right after hearing them.
- treat epilepsy
- treat travel sickness
- treat vertigo
- help in the healing of fractures, swollen joints, growths, tumors (!!!!!!!!!!!), torn muscles and broken bones.
- enhance the immune system and stimulate the liver to release toxins.
- as a stone of transformation, encourage change and emotional risk-taking.
- show what is blocking your spiritual growth,
- draw out deep feelings and psychosomatic causes, then allows you to break unwanted ties and outworn patterns.
- encourage the expression of feelings, alleviating shyness and teaching the responsibility for one’s own thoughts and actions.
- support friendships and empathy for other people.
- help battle depression and anxiety, give resistance to emotional blackmail and heals emotional abuse, especially when suffered in childhood.
- encourage healthy relationships based on love and not need.
- assist in overcoming fear of confrontation, or fear of being seen or noticed, and helps one find the strength within to assume their rightful place in the Universe.
- regulate our interaction with the external world and controls what we embrace and what we resist.
- give us the balancing ability to be ourselves within the environment [via the heart chakra]
- for those highly evolved and dedicated to humanitarian purposes, assist in grounding higher energies onto the planet for those purposes
- for those in a purification process, act as a purger and a mirror to the subconscious, reflecting into the conscious mind that which needs to be cleansed.
- absorb energy instead of emitting it because it is dense and nontransparent.
- if placed over areas that are diseased or painful, draw out the negative energy and surface the causes for it. Because of the absorbing properties, it is important to cleanse the stones after such use.
- be a powerful ally for those waiting for their reality to change.
- remind us we have come here to co-create with the Universe, and helps in identifying the steps necessary to bring dreams, visions and wishes into physical reality.
- reveal the truth about oneself and brings to the surface that which is unknown or unseen to the conscious mind.
- when used, worn or meditated upon, draw out and reflect whatever is impeding spiritual growth, and is best used in conjunction with meditation to help balance and release the debris that is revealed.
- break negative patterns of behavior, if you speak your fears and sorrows aloud daily as you hold the crystal, then, leave it in a sheltered place outdoors overnight to carry away the fears.
- be used in meditations to get in touch with the Earth Mother. Holding one and sitting quietly on the ground for a few minutes helps many people to be more aware of the earth as a living organism upon whom we are totally dependent.
- be used for scrying. Journeying through its convoluted patterns releases the mind, assisting in receiving insights from the subconscious or messages from the future.
- hold evil spirits aloof and help children sleep soundly and peacefully if placed over an infant’s cradle.
- enhance vitality,
- bring abundance, and
- keep us growing physically.
- stimulate clear vision and insight
Wow! The cure to all of these problems has been found! I don’t know about you, but nothing on this list sounds bad. No osteoporosis? No tumors? Vitality? No Malaria? No Parkinson’s? Sign me up!
Later on in the page:
(Please note: Information on this web site is no substitute for consulting a health care professional. All information contained on this web site, including information relating to medical and health conditions, products and treatments, is for informational purposes only. Please see your doctor or health care professional before starting any alternative treatments, diets, supplements or exercise programs.)
Malachite must be handled with caution!
Malachite is toxic and should be used only in its polished form. Avoid breathing its dust.
We must again warn you: use only polished Malachite. Do not use any Malachite elixir. Do not place any malachite in your mouth. If you use this stone, use common sense. Place it on the body with a small cloth under it. It’s healing powers will not be diminished.
If only I had a small cloth.